Thursday, May 30, 2013

Drawers

As I began to think about college in junior year, I thought more and more about growing up and aging. I wasn't as interested in the physical manifestation of age, but rather how the mind and personality change. I thought about how I present personality to others and I wondered if that would change in the future. This idea of maturing and becoming an adult with more layers as life went on fascinated me even more this year since I graduate from high school in ten days. After visiting the school I attended from K-5, I realized how much I have changed as a person. Change is unavoidable and it is embodied differently in each person. I felt that the best way to represent this hidden layer of personality and experiences that tend to develop with age by opening drawers in my house and photographing the contents.


My sock drawer


My simple shirt drawer


A card drawer


My mother's night stand drawer


My father's dresser drawer

No comments:

Post a Comment